Saturday, March 20, 2010

032010 Ten Months!


He’s decided he’s not too cool for crawling afterall and is going all over. He spent most of the last month doing the army crawl, now he just does that when he’s real tired. He is pulling himself up more and more. He used to just pull up to his knees but lately he’s been pulling to full stand. He’s also started moving a foot when he stands holding your hands like he wants to walk. The not fully baby proofed house quivers in fear. I think this weekend we’ll spend anchoring all the furniture down. Heh

His original four teeth are fully in and have been joined by 3 visible friends. SEVEN teeth and the eight is just below the surface if not breaking through already (I didn’t check today..lol) He is a cheerio fiend. He loves them! He’s a fan of cheese, too. His iron is a little low, so we’ve been giving drops and making more effort to get meat in him. I’ve been trying to share what I’m having when appropriate. I’m a little braver than Dave so he gets more variety with me. Ted’s indifferent to most of it but we push through and let him feed himself the regular food. I just have to remember with him feeding himself, it’s going to take much longer than me shoving jarred food in.

He’s starting the babble that sounds like talking now. Instead of just making sounds, it is like he’s trying to explain something. Lots of inflection and arm movements. We have Mamama, babababa, papapa, dadada, growls, what sounds like “sssss” sounds and he’s started Tsk’ing at us.

It’s been a couple weeks of fairly regular naps in the crib. The repairmen showed up an hour early one day as I was getting him ready for a nap. I had to put him in the crib so I could put dogs out and Ted went to sleep after about 10min of fussing. For well over an hour! Now he usually sleeps at least 1.5-2hrs. Usually his only nap of the day since he won’t sleep at daycare (he’s only there 2-3hrs so I don’t expect him to.) Course, with all those teeth coming in, sometimes he just needs to sleep while being cuddled. Those days won’t last forever so I don’t mind. Though, now if he wants out of his crib, he yells AND has started banging on his crib to get atten

Too cool to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment